The College library has a collection of over 50,000 (Fifty thousand) copies of text and reference books covering a wide range of subjects. Besides useful journals, magazines and newspapers are subscribed regularly. The institution is in the process of acquiring online research journals to suffice the academic needs of the teachers and students. In the Reading Room, attached to the library, reference books, journals, magazines and newspapers can be consulted. Besides, every department is having a Departmental Library where useful reference books are available for consultation. Students can surf computer to check the availability of books they need personally. Every student will be, issued two library cards against which he / she can borrow books, one against each card. Advanced learners shall be certified by concerned Head of the Departments and provided with two extra library cards in addition to the two cards issued to every student. The college library is fully computerised with the help of ‘KOHA open source software’. Moreover, internet facilities have been installed for research and advanced studies work. A Digital Xerox facility is also available for the students. The College has access to many journals online and is also connected to N-LIST library facilities supported by the DoNER Ministry of the Govt. of India.
Every student is expected to avail library facilities for their academic and personality development. They should observe the following rules :
- To become a member, an applicant must fill out the registration form and submit it through proper channel to the college librarian.
- The library is primarily for the use of students, faculty, officers, non- Teaching employees and technical staff of the college.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to registered library members only.
- A fine of Rs. 2.00 per day will be collected for a general book kept beyond the due date of return.
- Loose issues and bound volumes of periodical are not for issues.
- A book will only be issued to a library member against production of library Borrow Card and must be renewed on time.
- The borrowers Cards of Students will remain valid for the period mentioned on the Borrowers Cards and must be renewed on time.
- The college Librarian reserves the right to recall any book from any library members at any time.
- The loan period may be shortened by the college librarian if the books are on special demand.
- A book borrowed from the library may be renewed for a further period provided no other reader has reserved the same.
- Library members are responsible for the safe custody of the library passbooks/ borrowers card issued to them.
- Tampering with the entries/ records on the Library passbooks/ borrowers Cards can render library membership liable to suspension or other punishment found suitable by the college authorities.
- Library members must not cause any disturbance or engage in any behavior which interfaces with library activities. Proscribed behavior includes (but is not limited to) makes noise, use of mobile phone verbal abuse, threats of violence, sexual harassment, or use of aggressive words to harass any person inside the library.
- Library members must not carry lethal weapons or others potentially dangerous items inside the library.
- Stern action will be initiated against library members found vandalizing or defacing the library building furniture or equipment.
- Loss of library borrower’s card should be reported to the circulation section or college librarian immediately.
- Duplicate library borrower’s card will be issued after one week from the date of application on payment of 150 rupees.
- Members shall be held responsible for any loss which the library may suffer through the loss or misuse of their library borrower’s card.
- In case of loss of a book by the borrower he/ she shall either replace the book or bear its cost. If the book is out of print, it may be replaced with a bound photocopy as per library specifications. If the book of multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay four times the cost of the same.
- Library borrower card are not transferable and must be used shortly in library transaction only.
- Library members must not remove or attempt to take library materials, equipment or property without proper authorized checkout or other official library authorization.
- Library members must not conceal library materials in the library for the exclusive use of an individual or group.
- Library member must not mutilate library materials by making, underlining, removing pages or portion of pages, removing binding or in any other way damage or deface library materials.
- Library members must not enter unauthorized areas of the library, remain in the library, after closing or refuse to leave the library when asked to leave during emergency situation as deemed fit by authorities.
- Library members shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the college librarian for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library.
- Any damage or missing pages detected in a book must be reported to the staff before borrowing the same, failing which the borrower shall be held responsible for the damage/ mutilation.
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the books borrowed or materials taken out of the library by them may be checked by the library gate keepers/ Security staff.
- The college librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any student found misbehaving abusing the library staff or disrupting the peaceful library atmosphere.
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES
Following open access websites may be useful for users:
FREE ONLINE E-BOOKSWhat are E-Books ?
e-Books (also referred to variously as Electronic Books, EBooks, Digital Books, Online Books) are electronic versions of printed books that can be viewed online via any PC connected to the Internet. Many e-Books are also originally published and made available only in the electronic format. Most e-Books are available in PDF and are readable with Adobe Reader, while some can be read on Notepad/Wordpad and, still, some e-Books may require specific software to be downloaded and installed on the user’s PC in order to read them.
Users are informed that the e-Books offered on the websites listed below are generally available for free online access and download. Some categories of e-Books may be available only against online advance payment or only to those who register themselves as members of specific services.
Click On The Links:
N.B.: The Arya Vidyapeeth College Library, while providing the above links, does not necessarily endorse all the services and products offered on the websites and must not be held responsible for any incidental loss or damage or nuisance arising out of the use of the services offered, or viewing of sponsored advertisements posted, on the websites. Users are, therefore, advised to exercise caution while submitting their personal information, contact numbers, email addresses, etc., to avail the services on offer.
- Learning Management System.
- RFID For Library Automation.
- Institutional/Digital Repository.
- Content Management system.
- National & International Seminar/ Conference.
- National & International Workshop.
HOW TO ACCESS THE LIBRARY
- First of all, kindly confirm whether the material you need is available in the A.V.C. Library through the library OPAC and we can access from College website. You may then approach the library bearer on duty in the stack area to help you in locating the required material. If you are still not successful in locating the item, please feel free to approach the Asst. Librarian for further assistance.
- Most of the electronic resource available in the A.V.C. Library and user can access within the library resource center and outside the campus also.
- If you lost the library card then you must immediately contact the Asst. Librarian and report the loss of borrower’s card and provide relevant information. Duplicate borrower’s card will be issued on payment of a nominal fee.
- If you lost the library book, you must immediately contact the Asst. Librarian and report the loss book. You will be required to replace the lost book with a new copy.
This section represents the hub of library activities where lending out of books to readers is facilitated. Of all the library activities, the circulation of books for home use is a major public service provided by the library. Nearly all the members of the library visit this section for getting books on loan for home use at one or the other time.
The Reference section of the Library houses the Library’s reference books, which are those materials that are meant to aid research by providing quick and accessible information on any particular topic. These materials are usually used to find facts or provide broad overviews of topics. They should not be used as major sources for papers or other projects. Dictionaries, encyclopedias, bibliographies, and Thesis, Dissertation, and Project Report are some of the most common reference materials found in the Library’s Reference Collection.
Periodical have contributed a great deal to reference work by furnishing articles that appear more recent then book on a subject, particularly in the even changing field of politics, economic, science and technology. They contain articles and papers an subject about which the library may have no books and particularly as matters of local as temporary interest, an subject an which no books how yet been written. They form primary sources of information.
Central Library, Arya Vidyapeeth College collects subject periodicals, newspaper, and magazine. It handles any current periodicals.
General Book Section:
The General Section of the Library those books are available which are related of your departmental and U. G.C. book Bank, Paper back of Journal and Magazine, general book.
Book Bank Section:
For the students under BPL, separate Book Bank Section is available.
Book Binding Section:
Binding Section is a section where a turn and damaged or out of shape books are properly bound Newspaper and periodicals and usually bound in the section. Some new books mostly which have delicate cover are bound in this section. The collections are bound when necessary for preservation purpose and to keep them in a usable state for readers.
E – Resource Browsing Section:
The computer unit in the Central Library, Arya Vidyapeeth College provided support maintenance and consultation for both staff and students with in the College. Students can be have access to a verity of Package from software and internet browsing facilities such as internet facilities, E-mail as well as free user Printing for course book materials and research.
- On-Line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC),.
- OPAC via Mobile cum WebOPAC (http://opac.avcollege.ac.in:8000/)
- Internet & E-mail
- Offline CD-ROM Databases
- E-Resources (NLIST): College has already registered itself with the N List Programme through which it can access over 6000+ E-journals and 135000+ E-books.
- E-Resource Browsing Centre.
- Inter-Library loan
- Reprographic FacilitiesComputers
- Monthly Book Display
- Display of Current Book List
- Career Literature
- Departmental Library Facility
- Suggestion Box
- User Orientation
- Library user guide book
- Information Display Notice Board
- News Board
- Printing/Binding/ Lamination/Scanning service
- Content list service
- Online Purchase Suggestion form
- Online Book Renewable Services
- Online Circulation Fines Checking Services
- Online Own account maintaining Service
- Online Book holding Service
- Patron Circulation Status Service Via E-mail & SMS
- Reading Room Facilities
- Drinking Water Facilities
- Library Online Blogs Page facilities ( libraryavcollege.blogspot.in )
- Online Feedback & Suggestion
LIBRARY TIME TABLE
Library Opening Time:
- Monday to Friday 9.00 AM
- Saturday 10.00 AM
Library Closing Time:
- Monday to Friday 5 PM
- Saturday 4 PM
Circulation Time Table:
Book issue and return Days:
- Mon Day to Friday 10 Am to 3 Pm
- Saturday issue and return close
- Student can Borrow 2 books for the period of 7 days.
- Teaching Staff can Borrow 5 books for the period of 30 days.
- Non Teaching Staff can Borrow 3 books for the period of 15 days
Over Due Fine:
Rs. 2.00 for per book per day will be charged, if book is not returned after the due date.