Students committing any of the following offences shall be considered as an act of indiscipiline.
- Habitual unpunctuality.
- Various forms of immoral and indecent acts.
- Resorting to violence of any kind.
- Disobedience to college authority and teachers.
- Damaging, defacing or devaluing any college property.
- Acts against public sanitation or any act calculated to cause public nuisance, disturbance of public tranquillity, communal troubles or breach of public peace.
- Holding of any meeting in the college or hostel premises or college playground without permission or against the order of the Principal.
- Loitering in the College campus or in the College verandah.
- Use of unfair means in College examinations.
- Use and display of mobile phone in academic blocks.
The boarders of the hostels must abide by the following hostel rules :
The boarders of the hostels must abide by the following hostel rules:
- There shall be no ragging in the Hostels.
- Anybody found indulging in any behaviour or act that may be constituted as Ragging under Clause 4 of the UGC regulations is liable to be expelled from the Hostel as well as the College.
- Every boarder of the Hostel shall have to strictly follow the timings of breakfast, lunch, dinner, study hour and evening roll calls. All the boarders have to take their meals/breakfast in the dining hall itself and under no circumstances the boarders will be allowed to take away meals/breakfast from the dining hall to their room.
- During study hours, no boarders should remain outside without the permission from the Superintendent. Loitering and gossiping in other’s room during study hours will be treated as punishable offence.
- Any type of abuse (alcohol/drugs/smoking etc.) shall lead to outright expulsion from the Hostels.
- Leave of absence from the Hostel must be applied in advance to the Superintendent through the hostel Monitor. The Superintendent reserves the right to accept or reject the same.
- No outsider should be allowed to enter during the study hours or College hours. No guests should be entertained to stay in the Hostel. Violation of the same will invite disciplinary action.
- A Hostel boarder may be asked to vacate the hostel by the Hostel authority at any point of time on the grounds of indiscipline and misconduct towards the authority, co-boarders, employees of the hostel etc. without any prior notice.
- Moreover, if a boarder is expelled from the College on any ground he/she will be automatically expelled from the hostel also. After expulsion, such boarder will not be allowed to enter the hostel premises for any purpose.
- College Hostel will remain closed during Summer Vacation, Winter Vacation and Durga Puja Vacation. No boarder will be allowed to reside in the hostel in any private capacity.
- The mess dues must be paid by the boarders within 5th day of each month or within such a date which may be notified by the hostel Superintendent. Non payment of hostel dues on time should be a sufficient reason for disciplinary action.
- After the hostel admission, the student has to submit the hostel admission receipt and an amount of Rs.1000.00/(Rupees one thousand only) to the Hostel Superintendent as mess caution money which will be adjusted at the end of the final session.
- A hostel boarder will have to vacate his/her hostel seat immediately after the final examination.
- The Superintendent maintains a conduct register. In the event of any violation of hostel rules, the boarders are liable to be punished and have their names entered in the register for misconduct.
- Admission to the hostel is valid only for one academic session (not exceeding one year). The hostel Superintendent reserves the right to readmit a boarder for the next session taking the conduct and activities of the concerned boarder into consideration. Moreover, the attendance of a boarder in the College will also be taken into consideration while readmitting to the hostel.
- If a boarder commit any unlawful activity that may be damaging the reputation of the College/Hostel authorities and as well as detrimental to the student/deponents during the stay in the hostel premises, the College/Hostel authorities shall not be held responsible and shall not be accordable in any way in this connection.
- A Hostel boarder cannot commit any violent/nefarious activities within and outside the Hostel/College premises and accordingly if found in contrary to the clause of the clarification made and on such event he/she will be solely liable.
- The hostel boarders may be allowed to contest in the AVCSU election provided their Parent/guardians submit an affidavit or stamp paper declaring that they will allow their wards to contest in the AVCSU election. And should there be any untoward incident, the College authority will be in no way made responsible.
- The hostel boarders desiring to contest in the AVCSU election should swear in writing that no election related activities will be carried out in the hostel campus. Violation of the same will invite disciplinary action.
- Using of electric appliances like heater, Iron, Woven etc. are strictly prohibited in the rooms of the hostel boarders. The Fans, bulbs and the tube lights should be switched off when not in use.
Every student is expected to avail library facilities for their academic and personality development. They should observe the following rules :
- A student is to deposit Rs.- 50.00 only as security (refundable at the end of the course) for borrowing books from the library. No such deposit is necessary for reading library books etc. in the Library Reading Room.
- Students shall not make any noise or talk to each other while in the Reading Room.
- Students should carefully examine the book issued to them before leaving the Library Counter. If any damage or mutilation in the book issued to him / her is noticed, it should be reported to the Librarian before taking delivery of the same. The borrower will be responsible for loss or damage of any book borrowed from the College Library.
- Borrowed books must be returned within 15 days of the date of issue. A fine of Rs. 2.00 per book per day will be levied if a book is kept beyond the due date of return.
- Books taken from library in day issue must not be taken home and should be returned to the library before leaving the college for home.
- All books etc. borrowed from the library shall have to be returned to the library 7 days before the commencement of the summer vacation.
- If any Library Card (Home issue card or Day issue card) is lost by any student, it should be reported to the Librarian immediately.
- The Authority reserves the right of framing any additional rule as may be necessary from time to time.
- About Us
- Students Corner